You Asked, We Answered
Try to get to the race location AT LEAST 45 - 30 minutes prior to your race time. You will need to check-in and grab your race number once you come in. Then we highly recommend you get in a good warm-up.
CLICK HERE FOR LOCATION INFO:
DO I HAVE TO BE SUPER FIT?
HECK NO! You do not have to be in tip top shape to complete the race. We make it so you can walk or jog, and skip over obstacles by taking the jumping jack penalty. Don't let your mind talk you out of what your body can do. Training for it is still recommended.
CAN I LISTEN TO MUSIC WHILE I RUN?
Due to the nature of the event, and some of the dangers that exist, we do not allow runners to listen to music while they run the course.
WHAT SHOES/GEAR DO YOU RECOMMEND?
You will want a pair of runners, but also ones that you aren't too worried about getting wet/muddy. You may also want a pair of light duty gloves for the climbing obstacles. For clothing, dress for the weather and bring some backups.
YOU CAN BRING A HOCKEY / LACROSSE STICK.
Yes, that's right! We have two Canadian Sport Themed stations where you will have to shoot a puck and ball accurately with these classic sticks. We will provide some at the race, but if you want to bring your own, that's awesome too. We will set your aside, so only you can use it.
We will have a single water station set-up which you will pass each lap at the start/finish line. This will give you a chance to hydrate with our provided water. At your own risk you can label/leave your own bottles/fuel at this aid stationed.
- Always be safe and have fun!
- Show respect and sportsmanship on and off the course at all time.
- Stay on gravel race path as much as possible, except to pass or when going towards obstacle.
- We encourage you to try all obstacles, if you fail an obstacle, you must complete 30 Jumping Jacks OR 10 Burpees (non-push-up) before moving on in the race.
- Because this a Canadian Themed Race, you must say “sorry” every time you pass someone (just kidding).
- Obstacles may get backed up a little. This is common in races like this. Wait your turn and you can even help each other out in true friendly Canadian fashion! 😊